Before you receive an onslaught of all the decade stuff, I thought I’d quickly slide mine in there and share some of the things I’ve learnt over the last 10 years.
I started this decade as a 22 year old, who didn’t know shit, still doesn’t, ha! Anyway, without further ado, here they are:
- Love can be simple and it can be complicated. It’s also not meant to be an exact replica of others, it should however, be and feel good.
- Time doesn’t heal all wounds, working on them/you does.
- Forgiveness is essential and not an option. Your health, relationships and life need it.
- It’s okay. Whatever it is, it’s okay.
- Take risks, especially the ones that make you want to vomit. You either love it or you’ll learn from it.
- Make your own rules. You’re the boss of your life.
- Speak up. Clear your throat, take a deep breath and say it. Not saying it, is costly.
- One size does not fit all. Your life is meant to be colourful and full of character (including characters). You’re breathing, so let it do it’s thing and go with the flow where you can.
- Let it all go. People, jobs, ideals. Free yourself and be better.
- Give. To yourself first, then to others. That way you’ll always be at your best.
- There are upsides to every downside, there are downsides to every upside, and to experience anything good you have to embrace all of it
Bonus: We’re all just figuring it out. The above is what I’ve figured out so far and truthfully in the next year/decade it will change. That’s life.
What are some of the things you have learnt over the last decade?
P.s If I don’t write to you before the new year, have a wonderful New Year! xo